Sunday, December 14, 2008

Blog: Keep on Trucking

Well,
It seems to be going pretty well. I still get the odd negative comment about the length of my chapters, but I am just pointing people to my blog post about that and that seems to help.
I have had some really, really encouraging and helpful comments from a few people which have been brilliant to get. Constructive criticism, encouragement, ideas for improvements and more. I am overwhelmed at this support and appreciate it incredibly!
I think that with Chapter 8 & 9, we are finally starting to get into the sort of detail that people have been asking for, although I am still finding it incredibly difficult to avoid explaining what I want to convey without long monologues. I hope that the character development and plot can/will be balanced by the explanations. It is a really difficult balance. I would appreciate comments on how effective(or otherwise) I have been at this.
ATB
BoonDock

PS: I have caught up with the blog entries, which are now listed as the first entries in this blog. I cheated and changed the date on the entries to get them earlier than the chapter posts. From now on new blog entries will be interspersed with chapter posts.

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant so far. And yes, the last two chapter are much improved. Spent half the morning reading this instead of working.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks "Kreef" :-) Glad I could give you some worthwhile distraction from working... [grin]

    ReplyDelete